The Black Dog Blog
Chateau Morrisette is among the oldest and largest wineries in Virginia. Previous to the Covid-19 pandemic we also operated an award-winning restaurant with a 95% recommendation rate on OpenTable. With fresh vintages, flavors, and events at the winery, restaurant, vineyard, and festival field throughout the year, we will keep you abreast of all the great happenings and the people who make up Chateau Morrisette Winery and Restaurant in this blog and through our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest sites.
On Saturday, March 25, 2017, Chateau Morrisette Restaurant features the talents of Sous Chef, Ricky Caviness at our Spring Chef's Dinner. The dinner features a set menu of five courses, each paired with a different Chateau Morrisette wine. The evening begins at 5:30 with a light reception. Seating will be promptly at 6:00 PM. Our Sous Chef has planned every detail of the evening's meal, procurring foods from local farms and working with Chateau Morrisette's gardener to ensure estate grown winter micro greens will also be available. The menu is as follows:
- Smoked fois gras paté, rye croustade, fresh homestead buttermilk cheese, wine gelée, garden lettuces
Paired with 2016 Vin Gris
- Heritage pork and dried fruit conserve roulade, brussel sprout confetti, Carolina gold rice fritter, estate vinegar gastrique
Paired with 2014 Chambourcin
- Pecan smoked Sunburst Farms trout, farro verde with plumped golden raisins, guanciale braised Tuscan kale
Paired with 2014 Chardonnay Reserve
- Whiskey-aged ribeye, sweet potatoes anna, butter braised asparagus, heritage mushroom jus with crispy cippolini
Paired with 2013 Petit Verdot
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé Tart, ancho marshmallow, brown sugar sticky pecans and sweet potato butter, frozen tangerine parfait, roasted white chocolate, pimenton, vanilla bean and cinnamon sugar churro chip
Paired with 2012 Heritage
The cost of the meal is $95.00 per person and includes food, wine pairings, taxes and gratuity. Other wines may be purchased at menu prices. The dinner lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Each course is introduced by the Chef. Seating is limited to 56 guests. There are no refunds for unused tickets.
Tickets for the evening meal may be purchased in advance on the website www.thedogs.com or by clicking this link - 2017 Spring Chef's Dinner Tickets.
You know you want to
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.